Make Marketing History

The views of a marketing deviant.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

No Great Shakes.

While getting in touch with our feminine sides at the Girl Geek Dinner last night, I recall telling Hugh MacLeod that I thought his posts and cartoons were either great or rubbish. He knew that I wasn't being literal, that I meant that blogged opinions polarise reactions (especially amongst the similarly opinionated) and that it's better to evince a passionate reaction than to get a mediocre OK. But does it go further than that?

Does our short attention span towards blogposts (by Hugh or anyone else) mean that we need to be provoked to react? Does the same apply in the world of products and services? And given that I think the answer to both those questions is a resounding yes, does it follow that, in both realms, we too easily consign some very good stuff to the category of not-great?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home