Make Marketing History

The views of a marketing deviant.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Does Adsense Work?

What I Know.

Huge numbers of advertisers believe it does.

The cost per contact is clear and potentially low.

It's a simple mechanism for advertisers.

It is targetted.

I've never clicked through on a paid for link.


What I Don't Know.

Why do they believe it does?

Have they evaluated its cost effectiveness?

Is its simplicity the greatest appeal?

Does it just replace pay and spray?

Are non-clickers irrelevant to their businesses?


Googling "Does adsense work?" doesn't yield much that is contemporary or focussed on the advertisers' perspective, so can anyone tell me is adsense the most cost effective form of marketing or is its simplicity its selling point? Is it digital lead generation, does it engender the loyalty that conversational marketing would and would the advertisers be better off in the long run if they focussed on that?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it works for me! :)

When I have bad copy on my google ads, sales go down. When I have good copy, sales go up.

When I have good keywords, sales good up. Bad keywords, down.

After 2 1/2 years - yes, it works!

3:18 AM, March 29, 2007  
Blogger john dodds said...

Good news Richard. But does it work better than any other way of building your business? Do you think your tech clientele are more likely to click through than the average onliner?

1:03 PM, March 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home