Make Marketing History

The views of a marketing deviant.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Knowing Unknowns.

Nick Hornby is following up About A Boy with a novel for and about teenagers. It sprang from a moment when,

“I saw a very young couple around here pushing a pram and I thought, I know something about you – the girl – because a lot has been written about teenage mothers, but I’m not too sure about the boy. And that started something.”

There are so many opportunities in those things we see daily but do not know much about. If we bother to find out something new, rather than tweak or rehash the old, then the chances are we'll be way ahead of the pack.

2 Comments:

Blogger kaylen said...

actually, he is following up A Long Way Down with hi new book, Slam.
About a Boy was published like ten years ago.

12:14 PM, October 03, 2007  
Blogger john dodds said...

That's not what he told me.

3:37 AM, October 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home