Make Marketing History

The views of a marketing deviant.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Uncommon Knowledge.

I'd guess that most people who read this blog know about Seth Godin. I'd also guess that they'd assume that most people in their field would know too. But if you ask around, you'd be surprised how many people don't. Try it this weekend.

It's always good to challenge assumptions and it's also good to realise that achieving great marketing success does not involve the ubiquity for which you're striving and which seems so out of reach. It may be a numbers game, but the numbers aren't as daunting as you might think.

3 Comments:

Anonymous laura said...

I just read Seth's blog - saw your comment - came to your site -commented :0 maybe this stuff works :)

5:05 PM, January 25, 2010  
Blogger John Grant said...

Seth is pretty phenomenally well known in the US tho?

1:03 PM, February 03, 2010  
Blogger john dodds said...

Yes he is, but even there I find people don't know him when I expect they would.

I'm not being facetious either when I add that I discover some marketing people who haven't heard of you or some of our mutual friends.

Worlds overlap, but maybe not as much as we assume.

4:13 PM, February 03, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home